9 September 2014
Recently we rolled out Lync in our company. It's just an intranet chat, but it's so slooo oooo ooo oow to start. Every time I log in I'm staring at the splash screen for 5 seconds
And the solution is so simple: after turning off logging in the options, don't even get the splash anymore:
28 August 2014
Russia is suspected of cyber attacks on Western banks, in a reaction to Western financial sanctions in the Ukrania crisis. More...
28 July 2014
Forrester published a report on products supporting the digital customer experience life cycle. The picture below shows how Oracle defines this process:
Hybris and Adobe are seen as strategic leaders. They are also partners.
Adobe, Hybris, SDL and Sitecore have the strongest offerings.
Oracle has the largest installed base but comes out remarkably weak in the evaluation, probably because it did not participate in this evaluation.
8 July 2014
- Data Hub
- Punchout service
- Expose Hybris catalog to integrate a storefront in third party procurement systems
- orders are integrated in procurement system
- Ariba procurement integration (used by > 1.5 million companies)
- Subscription enhancements
- Entitlement & Metering Management UI
- Revamped backoffice
- cockpits are perspectives in a uniform backoffice
- will replace the management console in the future
- B2B commerce accelerator enahcemed
- configurable and personalisable checkout flows
- OCC (Omni Commecrce Connect) Webservices V2 preview
- trusted devices can manage users, carts, checkouts
- stateless calls
- Percona DB cluster support
3 July 2014
French payment terminal maker
21 June 2014
Up until now you could only exchange data with the Hybris e-commerce platform using the Hybris impex format. To communicate with external datasources (product, order, customer data...) you needed to add an ETL tool or write your own data converter.
With the upcoming 5.2 release Hybris is filling this gap with the Data Hub. The Data Hub performs asynchronous import and export of data as provided by communicating systems. It can be installed on a system separate from the Hybris e-commerce system if desired.
The Data Hub processes all data with a common strategy:
- Data are communicated through a Spring integration channel
- Message or batch driven
- Only an integration key is mandatory for a record
- Data model structure is defined in XML
- Easy to query with little hybris knowledge
- Specify data transformation process
- dependencies (e.g. process categoy taxonomy before records)
- m-n mapping of records using grouping handlers
- Field mapping using composition rules
- Spring Expression Language (SpEL) can be used for custom transformations
- The Hybris Commerce DataHub adapter transforms the model to impex data an communicates it to the Hybris Commerce System.
Anouncements for upcoming releases (5.3...):
- Management and monitoring cockpit
- Ready made extensions for specific integrations (e.g. SAP ERP)