- RFC 1305 NTPv3
- xntpdc: xntpd control, has interactive mode with subcommands
- ntpq: ntp query, has interactive mode with subcommands
- ntptrace [host]: get hierarchy of ntp servers for host
- ntpdate: one time sync with a server
- Daemons (SMF network/ntp)
- /etc/inet/ntp.conf: default configuration file
- Using NTP to Control and Synchronize System Clocks - Part I: Introduction to NTP
- Using NTP to Control and Synchronize System Clocks - Part II: Basic NTP Administration and Architecture
- Using NTP to Control and Synchronize System Clocks - Part III: NTP Monitoring and Troubleshooting
- Network Time Protocol
- NTP FAQ
- NTP server accuracy levels are called strata. Strata are geological soil layers.
30 April 2009
We're using maven 2 as a build system in our project. Now that I'm writing the doc, the site generator comes in handy.
The doc shows a good list of information you can generate out of the box.
Just make sure you include the index goal, or you won't have an index.html top file.
The rest of the documentation is terse, as usual in maven, but there's a nice javaworld article on the topic.
As I'm just generating doc, not pusing to a web server I need to link to all my different modules on disk. You do this by using the staging goal:
# mvn site:stage -DstagingDirectory=C:\projectlocal
i had a heap overflow running this, so i had to set an environment variable to increase it:
#set maven_opts=-xmx1024m -xx:maxpermsize=128m
26 April 2009
Because kinderporno.com published information that is a violation of privacy regulations, the Belgian department of justice ordered the site to be blocked by Belgian providers.
Internet had the promise of guaranteeing free speech.
Governments that do not allow free speech (China, Iran...) selectively block access to internet sites abroad.
A site is blocked now for a reason on which a majority agrees (74% on an objective site like destandaard.be).
But this is a dangerous precedent for blocking free speech whenever the law(yers) feel like it.
They should fight the sites themselves with legal means, instead of breaking internet communication. Even if that battle is hard.
8 April 2009
Finally Google adds Java to its cloud.
Free hosting for small consumers.
Free usage for
- 6.5 hours of CPU time /day
- 1 gigabyte data transfers / day
- 1 gigabyte storage
- 2000 mail recipients
I signed up today. They are using a mobile phone based verification.
The application registration is a bit broken: names that are indicated as free when you enter them in the form, are not available when you register the application( Issue 1038).