18 June 2010
According to La Repubblica Google is developing a pay-per-click system, for visiting indexed links, called Newspass. Content propviders will be able to offer text, images and video that is found and payed through Google.
12 June 2010
Le temps est un gran professeur,
mais malheureusement il tue tous ses élèves.
You should use iterative development only on projects you want to succeed.Martin Fowler
Le mieux est l’ennemi du bien.Voltaire
Fast, cheap, good: choose any two.
In theory, there’s no difference between practice and theory.
But, in practice, there is.Jan van de Snepscheut
Hardware, n: The parts of a computer system that can be kicked.
0x2B | ~0x2BHamlet
Je n’aime pas ce mot bombe.
Ce n’est pas une bombe mais simplement un appareil qui explose.Jacques Le Blanc, French ambassador to New Zealand, on France's nuclear testing
Cats are smarter than dogs.
You can’t get eight cats to pull a sled through the snow.Jeff Valdez
To iterare is human,
to recurse divine.
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.Rich Kulawiec
Luck is the residue of design.Branch Rickey
Virtue is insufficient temptation.George Bernard Shaw
Error, no keyboard – Press F1 to continueearly PC BIOS message
If you were plowing a field,
which would you rather use?
Two strong oxen or 1024 chickens?Seymour Cray
The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, us by accident.
That’s where we come in;
we’re computer professionals.
We cause accidents.Nathaniel Borenstein
10 June 2010
- A German court ruled someone can be liable if his WIFI connection is unprotected and that connection is used for illegal acts.
- Many end users do not understand a thing about internet security, it seams a bit harsh to punish them for that.
- It is like jailing someone because he left his car open and it was stolen to rob a bank.
- A US court ruled that if you are mailing a link to a website, you are liable for the contents of the page it links to.
- This is similar to an earlier ruling on links to illegal downloads.
- Liability for actual text is a different case all together.