4 April 2019

OneNote: Looks like this section is corrupted... (fixed)

...OneNote might be able to fix it, but you should avoid working here in the meantime. 

This was the scary error message I received from MS OneNote on my windows 10 system.
This section  lives on Google Drive File Stream, not sure if this has any impact.
These are the steps I tried to solve the problem:

  • OneNote proposes to resync the section. 
    • This does not solve the issue 
  • Online resources suggest copying the pages to another section, the deleting the corrupted section.
    • I did that, leaving some old pages in there.
  • I deleted the corrupted section
    • The section disappeared, but quickly reappeared, still corrupted
  • I removed all pages, I emptied the notebook recycle bin
  • I deleted the corrupted section again
    •  The section disappeared, but quickly reappeared, still corrupted, so I do not think sep 4 had any effect
  • I moved the now empty section to another notebook
  • I deleted the copied section in the other notebook
  • All my notebooks are fine now

No comments:

Post a Comment