Manage state database replicas
- -a: add
- -f: force: overwrite existing data
- -c n: count, number of replica on each slice
# metadb –a –c 2 c1t1d0s7 c2t1d0s7 c3t1d0s7
- -d: delete all replicas on a slice
# metadb –d c3t1d0s7
- -i: info
- -a: add
Information on logical volumes and their status
- metastat [<volume>]
- -p: print in md.tab format
Manage logical volumes
- metainit: create logical volumes
- Soft partition: logical volume on a part of a physical partition or disk. As long as space remains on the device, you can make additional soft partitions.
# metainit -p d<number> <device> <soft partition size>
# metainit -p d20 c0t1d0s6 10G
- RAID 0
# metainit d<number> <length> <width> <device> [<width> <device>]...
# metainit d1 2 2 c1t1d0s6 c2t1d0s6 3 c0t1d0s5 c1t1d0s5 c2t1d0s5
- <length> is the number of concatenations
- <width> is the number of stripes in each concatenation
- -f: force creation even if data is present. Data can be preserved if width=1.
- RAID 1
# metainit -m d<number> <logical volume>
# metainit -m d10 d1RAID 5
# metainit -r d<number> <device>...
# metainit -r d20 c0t1d0s5 c1t1d0s5 c2t1d0s5Hot spare pool
# metainit -hsp<number> <device>...
# metainit -hsp010 c1t1d0s5 c2t1d0s5
# metainit d<number> –p <device> <size>
# metainit d20 -p c1t3d0s2 4g
- /etc/lvm/md.tab: default location for reading (metainit) and writing (metastat) metadevice configuration
- /etc/lvm/md.cf: system privat file with meatainit state (as in md.tab)
- /etc/lvm/mddb.cf: metastate database locations
- /kernel/drv/md.conf: kernel file with metastate database info (do not edit) and volume manager configuration info (e.g. maximum number of logical volumes)