Up until now you could only exchange data with the Hybris e-commerce platform using the Hybris impex format. To communicate with external datasources (product, order, customer data...) you needed to add an ETL tool or write your own data converter.
With the upcoming 5.2 release Hybris is filling this gap with the Data Hub. The Data Hub performs asynchronous import and export of data as provided by communicating systems. It can be installed on a system separate from the Hybris e-commerce system if desired.
The Data Hub processes all data with a common strategy:
- Data are communicated through a Spring integration channel
- Message or batch driven
- Only an integration key is mandatory for a record
- Data model structure is defined in XML
- Easy to query with little hybris knowledge
- Specify data transformation process
- dependencies (e.g. process categoy taxonomy before records)
- m-n mapping of records using grouping handlers
- Field mapping using composition rules
- Spring Expression Language (SpEL) can be used for custom transformations
- The Hybris Commerce DataHub adapter transforms the model to impex data an communicates it to the Hybris Commerce System.
Anouncements for upcoming releases (5.3...):
- Management and monitoring cockpit
- Ready made extensions for specific integrations (e.g. SAP ERP)